At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Accountant (Staff), you will be performing duties in a training capacity until the full-performance level is met.
$40,082 – $77,112 per year. This is the BASE salary for this position. Final pay will be determined by experience.
What you’ll do:
- Reconcile cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other general ledger accounts.
- Accomplish specific tasks on assignments requiring familiarity with, and use of a number of standard accounting principles, methods, and practices.
- Assists higher grade accountants by accomplishing segments of more complex projects.
- Perform analysis of debt collection and commercial banking activities to determine compliance with existing debt management policies and regulations.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) Inputting and/or extracting financial data from an automated financial system;
2) Preparing accounting reports;
3) Completing routine accounting transactions within an integrated accounting system;
4) Performing routine or limited reviews, studies, or examinations of financial information;
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-07 level by possessing 1 year of graduate-level education (18 semester hours) in a field that provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform successfully the duties of this position or superior academic achievement.
– OR –
Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement:
A grade-point average of “B” (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9.
A grade-point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all required courses completed in your major field of study, or those required courses in your major completed in the last two years of your undergraduate study.
Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. Grade point averages should be rounded to one decimal point.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-07 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grades GS-09. Therefore, only education in excess of 1 full year of graduate level education may be used to combine education and experience.
***TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION***
You MUST apply through USAJOBS by 03/29/2023 to be considered. * This job will close when we have received 150 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere.