Job Role -Client Service & Support – Fall/Spring Internship
Location – Students must be able to commute on a Daily basis as it is an Onsite opportunity
Location options currently available are St. Louis, Missouri,/Denver Colorado and Omaha Nebraska
This is a paid opportunity that begins on September 12, 2022 and extends until April 28, 2023 for Fall/Spring
This is a Paid opportunity For Dec 2022 Graduating SRs it begins on September 12, 2022 and and extends until January 13, 2023 for Fall Only
For Fall and Spring (September 12, 2022 to April 28, 2023), Two Shifts are Available
- Monday-Friday from 8 AM – 12 PM
- Monday-Thursday from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM and Friday from 11 AM – 3 PM
For Fall Only Dec 2022 Graduating SRs (September 12, 2022 to January 13, 2023), One Shifts is Available
- Monday-Friday from 8 AM – 12 PM
Interns will be in-office, but that we are evaluating the ability to occasionally work-from-home on a pre-approved basis..
Time off throughout the assignment is not allowed due to training schedule and short duration of the internship.
This position is a great entry level opportunity for Juniors and Seniors to gain exposure to the brokerage industry with potential for full time employment upon graduation. While this program is within the Finance industry, students of all backgrounds will be considered. The primary skills needed are an open mind to new experiences, a passion for helping others, a desire to exceed client service expectations, and an interest in learning more about the Financial Services industry.
As a Client Service & Support Apprentice, you will gain a meaningful understanding of multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry. Our program is designed to show you Career.
As a member of a high-caliber team, you will work together throughout the Fall & Spring semesters. The program Capstone is a group case-study project and Final presentation(s) to Senior Management.
- Academic knowledge
In addition to the training that you’ll receive to learn how to exceed the expectations of our clients, you will receive financial knowledge to help with your own investing. You will also receive personal/professional development education and opportunities.
- Real-world Experience & Education
- You will not only receive the training necessary to assist clients, you will also apply what you learned in a real-world setting by assisting our clients via phone. We will teach you what it means to look at situations ‘through clients’ eyes”.
- Roundtables & Shadowing
- Your learning experience is highlighted by roundtable interactions with multiple leaders and business partners, as well as the opportunity to shadow and learn about many departments of the client – including equity and options trading, client service, sales, brokerage clearing, and various other supporting segments of our firm.
With our CAREERS approach, you will have the chance to understand what it means to have a career with the client. ‘Learn a ton, while you have some fun.’
- Provide direct, real-time support to clients via inbound phone calls in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to provide the highest level of client service
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, employees, mentors and management through both verbal and written correspondence
- Work as a member of a high-caliber team to solve problems
- This position is targeted to college students in their academic Junior or Senior year
- All majors will be considered if student can demonstrate a strong desire to work in a Client Service environment and learn more about the Financial Services industry
- Two years of experience working in a service-oriented role is a plus, but not required
- An understanding of basic Internet operations and knowledge of Windows based programs which require intermediate computer skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand computer systems and applications
- Ability to make decisions and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and efficiently organize work
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience